This self-paced course consists of reading and/or listening to content and answering assessment questions.
By the end of this course, you should be able to
- explain the relationship between compensation and other human resource functions (i.e. staffing, performance evaluation, training and development, employee relations)
- describe the strategic objectives of compensation
- list the three labor markets and explain the determinants of pay in each of the different markets
- describe the principal determinants of pay
- list and explain the three basic wage decisions
- explain the factors that most influence the wage-level decision
- list and describe the various types of compensation surveys
- explain the conditions necessary for do-it-yourself wage surveys to be successful
- calculate the mean and median from a set of compensation survey data
- explain the difference between a weighted average and an unweighted average
- explain how compensation survey data can be aged
- describe the impact that environmental factors such as inflation, interest rates, and competition can have on compensation
- explain how demographic trends in the labor market can impact wages
Successful completion of this course requires passing all of the assessments at 100 percent. The assessments can be taken multiple times. Upon successful completion of this course you can download a certificate of completion and access the pre-approved Activity IDs from the Completed tab on the MY COURSES page.
This course will automatically be added to your user account within 5-10 minutes of placing your order. Access to HRrecert courses is granted for 12 months from the date of purchase. Internet access is required to view this course.
The HRrecert courses are copyrighted material and may not, in whole or in part, be printed, copied, shared, or reproduced by any means for any reason without prior written consent. Access to the HRrecert courses are for your individual use; your account is not to be shared with others. Any violation of these terms and conditions will result in immediate termination of your access to these materials, with no refund provided.
- CPU: 2GHz processor or faster
- 4GB RAM or greater
- Windows: 8.1, 10
- MacOS: Mojave, Catalina, Big Sur
- Mobile: iOS, Android
- Browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Safari
- Internet speed: 4Mbps up 2Mbps down or better.