This self-paced course consists of reading and/or listening to content and answering assessment questions.
By the end of this course, you should be able to
- define reliability as it pertains to the employee selection process and list the four types of reliability measures
- define validity as it pertains to the employee selection process and list the five methods of evaluating validity
- compare and contrast predictive and concurrent validity
- explain the Uniform Guidelines on Employee Selection Procedures
- describe the procedure for creating a weighted application blank
- list and describe the types of employment interviews
- describe the types of pre-employment tests that may be used
- explain the purpose of expectancy charts
- explain the qualified privilege doctrine and how it relates to background checks
- describe the limitations the ADA puts on physical examinations in the application process
- define and explain selection ratio, validity coefficient, and base rate of success
- list the issues that should be included in an employment contract
- explain which employee records should be retained and for how long
Successful completion of this course requires passing all of the assessments at 100 percent. The assessments can be taken multiple times. Upon successful completion of this course you can download a certificate of completion and access the pre-approved Activity IDs from the Completed tab on the MY COURSES page.
This course will automatically be added to your user account within 5-10 minutes of placing your order. Access to HRrecert courses is granted for 12 months from the date of purchase. Internet access is required to view this course.
The HRrecert courses are copyrighted material and may not, in whole or in part, be printed, copied, shared, or reproduced by any means for any reason without prior written consent. Access to the HRrecert courses are for your individual use; your account is not to be shared with others. Any violation of these terms and conditions will result in immediate termination of your access to these materials, with no refund provided.
- CPU: 2GHz processor or faster
- 4GB RAM or greater
- Windows: 8.1, 10
- MacOS: Mojave, Catalina, Big Sur
- Mobile: iOS, Android
- Browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Safari
- Internet speed: 4Mbps up 2Mbps down or better.