This self-paced course consists of reading and/or listening to content and answering assessment questions.
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- describe the “general standard” of the Occupational Safety and Health Act
- explain the requirements of the Drug-Free Workplace Act
- explain what is required by OSHA’s Hazard Communication Standard
- write the formula for calculating incidence rates
- describe the workers’ rights guaranteed by OSHA
- explain what OSHA requires an employer to do if an accident results in the death or the in-patient hospitalization of any employee
- describe which types of injuries and illnesses must be recorded
- explain the requirements of OSHA Form 300, Form 300A, and Form 301
- define imminent danger
- list the five levels of violations to OSHA’s standards and the potential penalties for each
- list the four points in the OSHA-recommended safety program
- describe the five cooperative programs OSHA has established
- describe the coverage and benefits typically provided by workers’ compensation
Successful completion of this course requires passing all of the assessments at 100 percent. The assessments can be taken multiple times. Upon successful completion of this course you can download a certificate of completion and access the pre-approved Activity IDs from the Completed tab on the MY COURSES page.
This course will automatically be added to your user account within 5-10 minutes of placing your order. Access to HRrecert courses is granted for 12 months from the date of purchase. Internet access is required to view this course.
The HRrecert courses are copyrighted material and may not, in whole or in part, be printed, copied, shared, or reproduced by any means for any reason without prior written consent. Access to the HRrecert courses are for your individual use; your account is not to be shared with others. Any violation of these terms and conditions will result in immediate termination of your access to these materials, with no refund provided.
- CPU: 2GHz processor or faster
- 4GB RAM or greater
- Windows: 8.1, 10
- MacOS: Mojave, Catalina, Big Sur
- Mobile: iOS, Android
- Browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Safari
- Internet speed: 4Mbps up 2Mbps down or better.